Jazz Journal (Gary Booth) *****
- Irwin and the guys achieve the perfect balance, making eery, Twilit music that lingers long in the mind. An understated little gem.
Christian Science Monitor
- Alto saxophonist and composer Aaron Irwin shines in his latest CD, Ordinary Lives. For anyone who treasures the elegant line of the solo sax, this album is a lovely treat. It showcases original tunes that work with the simple elegance of well-done ensemble acoustic music.
Time Out New York
- Aaron Irwin, a postbop altoist whose compositions successfully embody a sophisticated-pop sensibility, gigs in support of his engaging latest, Ordinary Lives.
New York Times (Chinen)
- The poised young alto saxophonist Aaron Irwin has a new album, “Ordinary Lives,” that showcases his affinity for the melodic sweep of indie-rock, among other things.
- Just when you think you know what direction Aaron Irwin is going to aim for, he throws you a brilliant curve ball. Melodic and expressive above all, Ordinary Lives delivers the kind of musical jolt we can all use these days.